MyPhone A898 VS Cherry Mobile Flare : Which mobile phone should I buy?

November 16, 2012

in gadgets, wants

In as much as I would like to retain the use of my current phone and no matter how much is its sentimental value, I have to accept the fact that it is not catering to my Social Media needs…. specially now that it is half-broken.

I am now considering my options in buying a new phone. I don’t like to splurge on it even though I deem it necessary. Call me stingy. Call me a Scrooge. Call me what you like.  Like I said, I just want something that would cater to my social media needs, I don’t care what the brand is — as long as it is affordable.

I’m eyeing the two new local phones in the market.

First is the Pinoy Android phone from MyPhone, the A898 Duo. It is the first ever Android smartphone from MyPhone that comes with 3G connectivity.

and second is the Cherry Mobile Flare, the first ever dual-core Android ICS smartphone in the market with an unbelievably low price of ₱3,999 .

The Specs of these two are almost the same. They both have 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal storage, 5MP auto-focus camera with LED flash, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), microSD up to 32GB, 720p HD Video Recording, Bluetooth / USB / WiFi,  and GSM 900/1800/1900 (Tri-band) .

The only difference is that Cherry Mobile Flare has a 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and  a price of ₱3,999? I don’t think you could get a better bargain.

Christmas Gift to myself? Birthday Gift? What do you think?

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

마리 November 16, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Oh wow! Cherry Mobile seems good plus the price, amazing deal!!!

Aeirin November 18, 2012 at 7:25 am
Chie November 19, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Wow,i didn’t know these brands have this updated phones now. These are made in the Philippines, am i right? Buying any of these phones is supporting Filipinos. Since I am stingy too, i would go for Cherry Mobile. Pero i like the “front camera” feature in My Phone..ay, hirap mamili.

Joy Hardy November 20, 2012 at 3:06 am

I heard about this MyPhone brand when I had my vacation last year but I never buy one though, wish I did. Instead, I bought a Nokia phone to be use while being in the Philippines. Maybe next time when I had my vacation again…Thanks for the thumbs up!

Tess Chancellor November 20, 2012 at 4:11 am

Either of the 2 brand is okay.It is up to you to decide na lang siguro base sa price

Gven-Rose Mabini November 20, 2012 at 6:02 am

Cherry mobile is way too cheap compared to my phone..  I am planning to buy the little his first phone and I am considering buying a cheap one.. the cherry mobile is a good choice

Rose Cottrill November 20, 2012 at 7:48 am

Christmas and Birthday gifts rolled in one.  That’s a great deal indeed.

Dorry Lyn November 20, 2012 at 11:20 am

go for cherry sis… no matter what brand the gadget is it will last long if we just take good care of it

Bless November 20, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Great deal for a phone. And great thing to see a local phone in the market :-)

Teresa Martinez November 20, 2012 at 3:59 pm

When I buy something, my main concern is usually how the product can address my actual needs.  When all things are equal , I choose the one with the lower price.

Raya November 20, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I usually go for the lower price, sis… but it’s really up to you. Yes, I think you deserve to gift yourself with something special this Christmas!

Momgen Reviews November 20, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I am not picky whatever it is affordable to buy that what I will buy…

jheylo November 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm

wow that’s cool and for that price? i’m sure anyone can afford that :D great deal indeed

Adin Blankenship November 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Oh dear that Cherry Mobile? Oh dear for that price? Sounds like a bargain it is. How about the monthly fees and all? Hmmm.. I am thinking I might get it for my parents or something for Christmas. Hmmm… :) Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

KayeF November 21, 2012 at 6:17 pm

My cousin is using a Myphone unit and according to her it’s perfect to her social media needs. The pictures she posted in her IG account were of good quality even without the use of filter. With the Cherry Mobile phone, I don’t have any idea. But, if both phones have the same specs., then maybe you can choose the one at a lower price.

MomGlenz November 22, 2012 at 12:26 pm

for me the cheaper the better !